A turtley awesome experience

Saturday, 6 May 2017

When we booked onto a sail boat called Spank Me, I must admit I was a tad worried as what to expect - on deck sex games really aren't my thing. Luckily it was just a witty name for the boat in its old racing days!





The trip itself is something I've ALWAYS wanted to do, snorkelling The Great Barrier Reef and seeing White Haven Beach are two bucket list checks for me. Just like Fraser we were blessed with a lovely bunch of people - including the crew that were very passionate and knowledgeable about the islands and the reef.

The three day two night trip consisted of stopping off at amazing snorkelling spots, learning to live a life on board a sailing boat, sleeping in a very hot and sticky cabin, eating some tasty food (thanks Olly) and of course seeing White Haven beach in the flesh!



The highlight of the trip for me had to be swimming with a green sea turtle. Majestic and as cool as a cucumber, paddling through the reef and popping up for air, I followed the little dude for ages - an incredible experience.



Other highlights include swimming with a giant (and somewhat scary) fish called George and running into Nia and Lizzie on White Haven beach - Fraser fam reunion!



White Haven beach really was stunning. Bright white silica sand and crystal clear water, with baby lemon sharks swimming about. It's hard to walk along the beach and not feel like a movie star.





Although now I fully understand the term 'cabin fever' it must be said that the Whitsunday islands did not disappoint!



Also before I end this post I must give a shout out to Airlee Beach! Known for being the gateway to Whitesundays it really isn't given enough credit for being a really fun place to hang out. Although the beach and ocean is unsafe to swim in (pesky jellies) the lagoon is really nice - plus the post Whitesundays night out was hilarious (again shout out to the Fraser fam)!

Elly X

No comments:

Post a Comment