Is there anything more magical than Disney Land at Christmas?

Friday, 23 December 2016

No is the answer to that question! Luckily for me, Craig is a huge Disney fan like myself, so when we found out that Tokyo had a Dinsey Land it flew up high on our 'to do' list. Very kindly Craig's mum bought us tickets for Christmas which we booked as soon as we arrived in Tokyo at the Disney store in Shibuya. When I was around 5 my parents took me to Disney Land Paris, which from the little memories I have was amazing, so I was so excited to relive my inner child again this Christmas. In the lead up we decided to buy each other Disney themed jumpers from the vintage shops in Harajuku, which was great fun and very inexpensive (around £10-15 for each jumper). The vintage shops here have soooo many to choose from it was almost an impossible task!




When we arrived at Disney is was even more magical than I remembered, especially as everything was covered in Christmas decorations and there was a GIANT tree in the entrance. As you walk in you have the big gift shop (where I found myself buying Minnie Mouse ears oops) and then the meet and greets with the characters. I was desperate to meet Minnie and have my picture with her, as I remember crying when I was unable to in Paris, but it's obviously not destined to be as a similar thing happened this time round and I never got my picture! With that said I did manage to tick off many of my other Disney musts:

1. Have a picture in front of the Cinderella castle
2. Go on the dumbo ride
3. Go on its a small world (at least once)
4. Buy Minnie Mouse ears
5. Have a Micky mouse shaped waffle
6. Watch the parade


The day really was magical, especially being so close to Christmas, it was heart warming seeing so many families and little kids gawping at all the sights - it really is the happiest place on earth. The highlights from my day were:

1. Watching the electric light parade at night
2. Going on its a small world (it was my favourite in Paris)
3. Watching 'Once upon a Time' show and fireworks at the castle
4. Watching Craig's face on the Tea Cups (it wasn't pretty)
5. The Nightmare Before Christmas ride
6. The Micky Mouse waffle


So if you're ever in Tokyo and fancy living out your childhood dreams I recommend paying Disney Land a visit!

Elly x

No comments:

Post a Comment