Girly day in Tokyo

Sunday, 18 December 2016

Today I have literally had the best day, so had to come to my blog to tell you all about it!

As I previously mentioned, where we are staying in Tokyo (Omotesando), is full of beautiful hair salons, when arriving I already knew that I wouldn't be able to resist getting my hair done whilst I was here. Before I left to go away I unfortunately ran out of time to get my hair cut, so by the time we were half way through our stay in Japan my hair was looking like a birds nest (not a great look) this then lead me to book an appointment up at the wonderful 'Vision' salon about 5 minutes walk from the apartment (far too convenient). The salon itself has a stunning interior, minimal decor with beautiful lush green plants draped from the ceiling. Yoshi, my hair dresser, was fantastic! Having worked in Brick Lane in London for some time there was no trouble comunicating what I wanted to him. It was great chatting with him about London and Tokyo, plus he gave me so many great tips on vintage clothing stores and drip coffee shops to check out. He chopped a good couple of inches off my mop and gave me a wonderful curly blow-dry, all within an hour and a half and for around £45. I must also mention that the girl who washed my hair was lovely and gave a fab head massage, she also gave me a Minnie and Micky Disney marshmallow for me and Craig - so sweet. I am so pleased with how he cut and styled my hair, really blunt and choppy then blown out big and bouncy, just how I like it - I recommend this place to anyone travelling to Tokyo looking for a great hair cut.





As if getting my hair done wasn't enough, I then met Craig at Aoyma Flower Market where we had brunch at Tea House - an amazing cafe/restaurant within the flower market. Although we had to wait around 30 minutes for a table, it was so worth it. The flower market is so beautiful, with tones of fresh flowers in every colour, I particularly loved the red and green Christmas display and the pretty pink roses and peonies.



Tea House is tucked towards the back of the flower market, you literally sit at little glass tables under big leafy canopies. The room had a Christmas feel, with red roses scattered throughout, some poking their heads through the tables. To continue the Christmassy feel, myself and Craig opted for the winter blend tea, which had notes of cinnamon, vanilla, chocolate and spice, it smelt divine and tasted so festive. We then both went for the strawberry and winter berrie french toast. I had been craving french toast throughout our trip and this defiantly curbed my craving! Dusted in cocoa and icing sugar with fat juicy berries, chocolate sauce, berry compote, fresh cream AND vanilla ice cream this really was a sweet tooth's heaven. It was so warm and filling, I was gutted when it ended! Although slightly more pricey (for budget travelling) I really didn't think £24 (£12 each) was expensive at all - you would be sure to pay a lot more for an experience like this in London.



So if you're after a bit of a pamper and a treat in Tokyo I highly recommend both Vision and Tea House - now I'm off to complete my girly day by watching Serendipity, one of my fav Christmas films (sorry Craig)!

Elly x

No comments:

Post a Comment